Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Fishing, Fun and Football

This past weekend we had Dave and Bobby in for the Duke Cape Lookout False Albacore festival. Dave predicted rain a month ago for Saturday, and he was dead on. We relaxed Saturday morning during the rain, and went out in his boat around 1:00. We mainly fished in the Haystacks and caught a couple of small trout and a VA mullet. Bobby hooked into a nice skate.
On Sunday the wind was blowing and we went up Core Creek (and it was cold and windy)
and found a nice drum. As the tide began falling we came back down to the Haystacks and caught some more grey trout, all scattered around so we had to hunt for them.
It was a fun weekend and we'll have to give a tip of the hat to the photographer, Monsieur Robert High
He did his usual spectacular job and provided breakfast, lunch, humorous commentary and cooking tips Now for this week's injury report; I made a big mistake and gave Terri a nail gun for our anniversary. Yes I know I'm a sentimental old fool, but I followed my heart on this one. I don't think she enjoyed it; and boy did she let me know it in a way I will not soon forget! Happy Halloween
AND, can't forget, West lost to New Bern last night but didn't quit. Came back and scored a couple in the second half. Here's Jackson's best punt albeit with a penalty.

2 comments:

Jay said...

Looks almost as good as my Steve Martin- arrow through the head hat for Halloween. =)

007 said...

Congrats on catching the fish--and the skate. I am not a real fisherman, but I think I could learn to become one if I could spend time with guys like you.

Dueling Banjos No, the odd looking young man did not play the banjo in the movie, here is how the movie-magic people did it: Fake sleeves !!...