Saturday, November 17, 2007

Florida

This week Terri and I went to the ARI meeting at the Ocean Reef Club outside Key Largo, and then down to Key West for a day of fun. Pretty, warm weather wherever we went; and of course we had to go to Mallory Square to watch the sun settle into the ocean in the west.



As toursity as it seems, it was a lot of fun watching the street performers and then hearing the sun sizzle as it dipped into the west. Key West is much more hygenic than I remembered it; still a lot of bums at the ends of their collective roads, and a Jimmy Buffett wannabe in every bar and/or restaurant.
Good meeting, nice to relax for an extra day, and believe it or not, I played tennis twice. More on that later

4 comments:

007 said...

I like the pic, and the entire post. Glad you had a nice time. But of course, I have a couple of questions, "Who did you play tennis with, and did you win?" Also, did you see the movie, "Key Largo?" If so, who starred in it with Humphrey Bogart?

John said...

Believe it or not, and most people don't so it's OK, I won the ARI mixed doubles competition. Thanks for asking.
Who starred in it? Too easy, I wish the Mayberry questions were easier.....my second most favorite Hepburn. Always, always , always have a very soft spot for Audrey, but this movie starred K-K-K-Katherine in one of her best roles.

John said...

OK, I know that was African Queen, just thought I would get you j-j-j-j-j-j-j-j--j-j-j-j-j--j-j-j-j-jump started

007 said...

Key Largo starred Humphrey Bogart,
Lauren Bacall, Edward G. Robinson, and Lionel Barrymore to name a few. But you know that you can go to http://www.imdb.com/ to find any of these type of answers, so these questions are really an open-book quiz.

Dueling Banjos No, the odd looking young man did not play the banjo in the movie, here is how the movie-magic people did it: Fake sleeves !!...