Friday, August 22, 2008

August 22, 2008
Went to the sweetest place on earth this week; Hershey, PA. If you've never been there, the picture below is an actual street lamp in downtown Hershey. The town smells like chocolate, very nice, and a beautiful location.
I went to Hershey to participate in a customer's annual exposition. There have been dramatic events which have occurred during the APR Supply show; Jackson was hospitalized with salmonella 5 years ago, Cooper was born 2 years ago; this year the Old Paratrooper was hospitalized with a gall bladder attack. He's scheduled for surgery this afternoon.
The people at APR (www.aprsuppply.com) are first class and I plan to be there every year they'll have me.
In the lower deck of the Hershey Lodge there were a few Porsches, 39 to be exact, all of which had the semi-automatic shifters and the attached sticker. PCNA=Porsche Club North America (I think); list prices started at $109K. And, there was a big pile of low profile mounted tires at the end of the lot.
Enjoy the $4,000,000.00 views


In town next week

3 comments:

fishinoptishin said...

Nice pics. I truly believe that a simple "Hershey's Kiss" is the absolute ultimate perfection as far as chocolate is concerned. Therefore, I particularly liked the 'Hershey's Kiss' streetlamp...it has great possibilities.

You know, if I grabbed one of those streetlamps and took that big 'Sign of the Fish' off the back of my really, really, really, really big as.....

Nevermind...I think I'll just quit while I'm behind and go to bed now....

007 said...

I like your new pic at the header of the blog. Is that your sailboat?

John said...

It is a nice shot, thanks. That photo was taken last November at the harbor in Key West at sundown. I don't know who owns the boat, but I don't think it is a Riley

Dueling Banjos No, the odd looking young man did not play the banjo in the movie, here is how the movie-magic people did it: Fake sleeves !!...