Friday, January 22, 2010

January 22, 2010
What, no pictures?
OK, one; I went to Wilmington today to call on distributors, couldn't leave town without a picture of the old BB-55 USS North Carolina. Got lucky with this shot from inside the car across the river; she looked good in the new(er) colors. Like many other NC schoolkids I gave a dime to get her home, and I really enjoy seeing her resting off the Cape Fear River when I get half a chance.
Pop is back in Crystal Bluffs, went by to see him on the way in tonight and all he wanted to do was sleep. Well that's fine; I like seeing him get his rest. Off to FL Sunday morning, want some oranges?

2 comments:

kevin said...

the showboat!

John said...

thank you; I couldn't remember her nickname........and it is a good one!

Dueling Banjos No, the odd looking young man did not play the banjo in the movie, here is how the movie-magic people did it: Fake sleeves !!...