Friday, August 10, 2012

August 10, 2012
It Was 33 Years Ago Tomorrow

This is a good example of how productive our local fishing season has been this year; ivy growing around the mobile fish-cleaning table. No bait, no fish....no fish, no crabs. Maybe the fall season will improve.
Everyone wants to get into marketing; someone convinced someone this would be a good idea to improve business. No offense, but I'm thinking this is what happens when you take advice from family and in-laws...........better yet, it's what happens when you listen to people I like to call faux-neauveau-experts, or FN experts. From Charleston WV yesterday................not sure about you, but seeing a cartoon drawing of a chef on fire didn't make me hungry. It was late morning when I saw this and the parking lot was empty. I went around the corner to the place where the sign shows a wino in an alley puking, now that is marketing! 
Our first shot of the Milky Way from Mars. 
No, that was a joke, here is the first shot from Curiosity. 
That's funny, I don't care who you are.........and his name is Marvyn Martian in case you wondered. 
Happy trails to my old leader Marty Hansell who retires next week. We wish him a long healthy retirement and thank him for what he did for our family.
And happy 33rd to my sweetie, thanks for putting up with my daily load of horse manure (see, I didn't say shit, are you so very proud of me?) Thanks for not killing me like I know you planned.....................

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't get the last picture

Dueling Banjos No, the odd looking young man did not play the banjo in the movie, here is how the movie-magic people did it: Fake sleeves !!...