Friday, May 31, 2013

Fast Short Week
May 31, 2013

We packed up and delivered one Jackson Matthews Riley to Washington DC last Saturday, up and back in one day was tiring but worthwhile Sunday morning when I got up to watch the Monaco Grand Prix. Unfortunately WITN-7 decided to show local news repeatedly while working in "we're hearing what you're saying on Facebook about the Formula One race and will join it in progress at 9:00 AM".  So much for the progress of having F-1 on one of the "big" networks. I never heard why this happened, or didn't happen as the was the case. Nonetheless it was a great day of motor racing, the Indy 500 was a great show for the third year in a row. I hope the fans will go back to that old speedway. 
Fished a little Monday and took the boat owner for a ride in the afternoon. Found some beautiful black sea bass, now if I can only find them again beginning tomorrow when the season opens. While I was offshore I saw a balloon with this note attached:
On the reverse side was the return address, a church in Danville, VA. For some reason or another (and by the way, who knows why I do things like this anyway?) I looked up the church on Facebook. Sure enough they did a balloon launch a couple of weeks earlier from Virginia, somehow it ended up in the Atlantic Ocean. It made me smile.
Later I felt bad about telling the pastor that I was with the Department of Marine Fisheries and that the tag caused the strangulation death of a dolphin. Sorry I did that, I really didn't mean to; no wait I did! I did it on porpoise. What a long way to go or a pun; but a good pun is its own re-word. OK I'll stop now. 

No comments:

Dueling Banjos No, the odd looking young man did not play the banjo in the movie, here is how the movie-magic people did it: Fake sleeves !!...