Friday, June 13, 2014









June 13, 2014
Really?  Or......................Where's Waldo?

Short haul week, in and around NC for some distributor calls, even got to bounce a grandchild on my knee Thursday afternoon.
Let's see, where were we? Oh yes, while in Atlanta a couple of weeks ago I was listening to terrestrial radio when an ad appeared..........................the ad was telling about an area youth soccer team which was preparing for tryouts. This was not a public service ad advising parents that the league was going to have tryouts, this was a paid ad telling parents how to have their children try out for this one team. One team.....paid ad...............the only way I can begin to try to justify this is that maybe, just maybe one of the bigwig parents on the team owns the radio station. Even then I can't really understand. As Professor McCants so eloquently stated (or something to this effect): it isn't a UNC problem, it's a NCAA problem; or better yet....................... an amateur sports problem.
Off the rant; it seems as though everywhere I go there are advertisements trying to sell giant things, or sell things to giants. Either way I guess I'm missing out on a market segment. Regardless, a store in Durham is trying to cash in. For regular sized people I think the concept of a giant laptop defeats the intent of a laptop. Maybe a giant-sized laptop helps with the nearsighted. Or is it the farsighted? Or is this too insightful? Or do I have too much time behind the windscreen without satellite radio?

OK, time to play Where's Waldo? The FO found this picture online this week, from a party last weekend celebrating the beginning of our little local fishing tournament. I don't want to jinx anything so I'm not going to mention the name of the tournament or the name of the gray(er) headed guy I'm talking with..........but I sure do hope we congratulate him tomorrow afternoon at 2:00 PM.

Now Where's Waldo gets harder. This was in the local newspaper Wednesday and I sent it to the FO to see if he could..............find Waldo. Took him all of 30 seconds, I think he must be doing this a lot online or something. See if you can find Waldo, the FO did, and TAR didn't take too much longer. Here's a clue, I have sunglasses on...............
And tomorrow we fish! Gotta find some dinner fish for the Highs. No pressure



No comments:

Dueling Banjos No, the odd looking young man did not play the banjo in the movie, here is how the movie-magic people did it: Fake sleeves !!...