Friday, November 06, 2015

Ohhhhhhhhhhh You Can't Rollerskate.................

No pictures this week, sorry. I got a camera this week, my first SLR in 25 years but I haven't learned enough about it to post any pictures. I know you're disappointed. But I'm heading to Rockingham for the weekend, yes I am a lucky guy, so I'll try to get some pictures of my grandkids thereby making SWMBO the happiest gal in the whole USA.
I've always told my sons that one bad call doesn't cost you a game; I've been corrected by them twice now. I'm not much of a football fan, or even a sports fan anymore, but what happened in Durham last Saturday night is a plain old rotten shame. Knowing what we do now, Coach Cutcliffe, his staff and the entire team should have taken the field to knock down each and every Miami Hurricane they could find. And to make it worse, the ACC suspended the entire crew, including the guys in the booth. But give Duke the win? No. But then again, it shouldn't have come down to that play, Duke didn't play well, but also didn't deserve to lose that way. OK, one picture, the officiating crew last Saturday night before they took the field:
Funny?
And speaking of bad/good/no calls, who watched Martinsville last week? Who is going to watch NASCAR this week? That was a sorry thing to see (Kenseth-Looosanus) but NASCAR could have taken a proactive move by a short visit to the # 20 trailer sometime over the weekend before the green flag: "You know Matt we're sorry about your not being in the Chase because of what Looosanus did to you in Kansas, but if you deliberately take him or anyone out who is in the Chase, well we're going to park you. Get it? Sign here, and here and here and here, OK, I think we're good" That would have gone a long way to preventing stuff like this. But then in the end #24 won and punched his ticket to the final four race in Homestead. As I explained it to SWMBO if I'm on his crew I go to work on that car Monday morning......good luck Jeff. 
Elizabeth and Jackson went to see a Chinese acrobatic show last weekend, I understand it was a lot of fun. Reminded me of halftime at a Bullets, ahem excuse me, Wizards game we attended several years ago. This young lady provided entertainment:
Don't miss the end. I've been to two goat-ropings and a state fair and I don't think I've ever seen anything like this. It's hard enough for me to pull up to a stop light on my motorcycle without having an ankle give way, much less ride a unicycle, much less with one foot, much less.............well you get the idea. And BTW, the BMW has been repaired and it is the garage stall ready and willing and even eager to go. I'm trying to configure a Blue Ridge Parkway trip before it gets too cold. 
Heard the old "Calhoun say he don't want the ball" bit on JohnBoy and Billy this morning, still very funny and well-told. I remember getting an intentional walk one night and being relieved because I wasn't having a good game............................not a good character trait, but at least I'm honest about it.
Our church secretary sent me this video yesterday and said it reminded her of me. I took it as a compliment (kinda always smells like gasoline, Royall Lime aftershave.....maybe Scotch) so here it is: 
Thank you Susie. I love the sound of a big block push rod engine, but over the past 40 years or so I've migrated to the free (high) revving engine noises. Heck I like anything that makes noises like that (WHAT????) Yes, I know, wish I'd used protection all those years. And also, no real biker will ever admit this, but that Honda 50 cycle makes my heart skip a beat, what a great cycle!
Which gets us back to the title, ladies and gentlemen I give you Conway Twitty:
No wait, Roger Miller, enjoy
Words to live by...............................
In the office again next week, and then hopefully a couple of days in Tidewater VA next week.
Like this blog entry? Share it with 50 of your closest friends

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jackass!

fishinoptishin said...

Nicknames aside, I believe he's more commonly referred to as "Johnass!"

Dueling Banjos No, the odd looking young man did not play the banjo in the movie, here is how the movie-magic people did it: Fake sleeves !!...